Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bonjourno!






Hello all, we just wanted to quickly post a few things to say hello. We are having a fantastic time. I have finally caught up to Italian time. We had a long layover in New York, so the couple we went with had a sister in New York and she took us to Julliard, the temple, central park and to the Museum of Natural History(the one from Night at the Museum). then we took another red eye to Rome. Which means we literally went two nights without sleep wearing the same clothes. But after one night of sleep I quickly adjusted to the time change. We were a litte nervous when we arrived in Rome because it was pouring rain. We were lucky enough to find an awesome cab driver who we hired out for half the day to drive us around. We saw a ton of stuff, and he was so great. We never would have seen so many things so quickly on our own. Not to mention the rain factor. But the driving in Italy, AHHHHH! I must say that I have NEVER held on so tightly. whipping around streets and cars that he thought were too slow. Honking and cussing in Italian. He was pretty hilarious, but it seemed that this was the style of all Italian drivers. He could get right up to the sites on restricted streets and knew a ton about the history of Rome, the best views, the best restraunts, the best gelato! We had so much fun! Just got into Florence tonight and we'll post more later, we get charged by the minute for internet access. Can I say the dollar SUCKS right now!


le n

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I actually said "Oh they suck." Outloud. I didn't know you guys were going on a trip, and I am sooo jealous. This is the place I want to go more than anywhere in the world, so post tons of pics, eat tons of food, do lots of shopping, and have a great time for me!

Jerks.

Taylor Family said...

Courtney and Chris I have been dying here in little old Utah hoping for a post. I am SOOOOO extremely excited for you guys!!!! No one deserves this trip more than you two so enjoy every single minute!!!! LIVE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Hanne and Fam said...

Just think you could have been in the canyon this week at girls' camp in the cold! I hope you guys are having a blast and I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Courtney McKay said...

I am very jealous!! Sounds like fun!! I hope you get more sleep and I agree with Hayley, Eat lots of good food!!!

Candice Eborn said...

Man you get around (in a good way!). No one else could pull off NY and Rome in that amount of time. I am living life through you right now so don't let me down.
BTW, we are in Utah right now so you need to save a little energy to hang with us when you get back. Love Ya! Have fun.

McCabe Family said...

There is no two people who would enjoy this trip as much as you do. I agree with Candice it is nice to live through you, I feel more cultured already. Have fun fun fun!!!!