Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Inspired to do something!

Well I am sitting at home reading blogs because I'm such a moron and lost my keys AGAIN. For those of you who don't know me that well I am extremely absent minded to a ridiculous degree. I'm supposed to be volunteering in Cai's class right now, but can't since I lost my keys AGAIN! I'm too frustrated with myself to do something productive and started scanning facebook and blogs to get my mind occupied. I came across the most wonderful story on the blog of a friend of mine and I was inspired to do something to help as well. Nothing like someone elses mountainous problems to make you feel like yours are just a mole hill.

There is a little girl named Taylie who is 4 years old and recently diagnosed with AML Leukemia. Her family is obviously terrified and drowning in medical bills that are only going to get higher. I came across a link to her blog, and really felt inspired to help out, and any one can do it too. It just takes a minute of your time to help this family. If you want to help all you need to do is write a short introduction about Taylie on your blog with a link to http://www.tayliebug.com/ then go to adashofseason.blogspot.com and leave a comment there indicating you made the link on your blog and you're done! Someone has offered to donate $2 for every blog with her link as long as you indicate you have done so on adashofseason.blogspot.com. So easy for a family that could really use some help. I was so impressed that someone would do this for a little girl they hardly know. We live in a beautiful world, full of beautiful people who really care.

BTW her family is having a charity 3K run/walk, 5K run October 10th. The 5K and 3K walk start at 10 a.m. and the 3K run starts at 10:20 a.m. Early registration is closed, but you can register there.
Location: American West Heritage Center4025 South Highway 89-91Wellsville, UT 84339

4 comments:

Kylene said...

Thank you for posting this. I tear up reading everyone's posts about this little girl. Thanks for your help.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

You KNOW I'll help :) I love to see people doing good and caring. So excited to see you soon!!

Taylor Family said...

Courtney you are such a thoughtful person and I think the world of you. Love ya!

Candice Eborn said...

I went to high school with Taylie's daddy and was in cheerleading with her aunt. It is so awesome that you would help them without even knowing them. You are an awesome person! So are you Kerrie and Tara :)