Thursday, January 28, 2010

It may be time, no definitely time for a schedule

For anyone who knows me, I am not a schedule girl. I fly by the seat of my pants on a daily basis. I am at my best in a hardcore crisis, but the daily grind.....UGHHHHH. I would rather chew glass. I live for a challenge as long as it does not involve endurance. The endurance part is truly the worst. Maybe I am not so different from anyone else, I am just overindulgent in my whims and calendrically challenged.
But it's definitely time for a change. We have a typical bedtime and routine beforehand, but breakfast lunch and dinner are totally sporadic depending on the activities of the day or when Chris gets home which is usually sometime around 6-9 p.m. (see my problem). Chores are sporadic for the kids, and I just float from one mess to another it seems. But mostly I try to find an emergency project for Y.W. or the kids school, or the house, as a diversion. I really live for the diversions. But this approach is soooo not working.

So for the past two days I am really trying to act like an adult. The kids have before school and afterschool chores, and we are trying to eat lunch at noon and dinner at 6:30 at the table together with or without my husband. So far so good, but just wondering if anyone has any grand ideas that are REALISTIC. I've done some research on the internet, and some people (mostly those that post their 3 page schedules) are probably a little on the hyperschedule side of things. So if anyone has any simple ideas that they've found work please let me know. We are still a work in progress. I may need to post a countdown to see how long I can keep this up.

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Best of luck to you Courtney. Michael works from home and I still can't get a set dinner time together for us all, though I try!
Hey I'll be in SLC in April and am hoping to see y'all if poss.