Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What a Turkey Day!


We had a blast down is St. George with my family for the holidays. It was mostly sunny so it was great to get a rest from the Arctic north, and mostly it was great to see my sisters who live out of state. The kids just loving getting together with their cousins. We played at the pool about every single day, and hiked snow canyon with the kids. They had some simple hikes that the kids could manage, but apparently not me. I totally twisted my ankle like an idiot. I wore flip flops and was holding Cate in one arm and my mom's camera in the other. So obviously I couldn't let either drop to regain footing so I went straight down on my ample rear-end, and hurt my ankle. Every time my family goes hiking or biking I end up having an accident. My most famous one was doing a complete flip over the handlebars while mountain biking slick-rock in moab. At least I had a better excuse this time. Although the flip flops were definitely a bad idea.

I also finally got to see TWILIGHT! I went with my sisters and had a total blast. Except for the fact that Cami who sat next to me actually fell asleep for most of the movie. That's right completely passed out. She didn't read the books so that's her only excuse. I kept turning to her to laugh or comment and she was snoozing away. I have to say it was great, I don't think anyone could have nailed it the way the book did, but on their budget they pulled it off pretty well. We took the liberty of hitting Denny's at midnight since the kids were asleep anyways, and laughed until I could have puked. Everyone in the joint had to have thought we were drunk. Oh my goodness I have funny sisters! We haven't been out on the town without kids or husbands ever I don't think. Thanks to our husbands and my dad for being such good sports. Dealing with a bunch of sick kids couldn't have been fun. And true to form we all got each other sick. The flu tends to be an inevitable companion to our family get togethers, but I actually think it's worth it anyways. Here's Coley passed out on the couch with the flu.






And a big thanks to my parents for sacrificing their timeshare points so that we could all get together. It was definitely the best thanksgiving ever!

1 comments:

Jenni said...

I love the picture of you and your sisters and mom!!! You look so much alike :) I love getting together with sisters, there is nothing like it!