Monday, October 6, 2008

No Dysplaysia!

Well I was just sitting down emailing my brother who is on a mission right now to update him on my U.C. and I got a call from the hopsital. They said that the biopsies were clean and there was NO DYSPLASIA! I am so relieved I'm just bawling. It has been such a roller coaster the last few months. At my first appointment I thought the doctor said I had low-grade dysplasia, then at my 3 month follow-up he said it was indefinite for low-grade dysplasia, and now it shows NONE! (For those who are unaware there are three stages of dysplasia indefinite, low-grade, and high-grade. At high grade it pretty much means removal of your colon which has many nasty side effects.) These results are far more accurate as they were taken while I was in remission. I am so grateful for everyone's prayers, I truly don't think it was by coincidence or accident that there was such a difference in the biopsies from last time to this time. Miracles do happen!

11 comments:

Eileen said...

What wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you. A great way to start the week, following a great weekend.

Hanne and Fam said...

That's great news! I'm glad things looked so good!

Hayley said...

Oh Courtney, I am so very happy for you! No one deserves this more! I hope you go out and celebrate. And eat whatever you want....

Hugging you via computer!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Miracles DO happen! And I'm sure this little experience has just given you a million new things to be grateful for every day! Sooooo happy for you.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

I'm so glad that you get to keep showing off all your fancy dance moves for years to come, with all your body intact! Courtney, I appreciate your great faith and optimism. You are such a wonderful friend and example! You're coming this way this month right? I think we should definitely get together and celebrate your good news!!! :) love you.

Naomi said...

Courtney that is such wonderful news. Thank you for sharing your miracle and for being such a great example. Love from Texas! Naomi

Kate said...

Glad to hear such good news! Thanks for your kind words about Luke...He is also a miracle. Back to his old self in just 2 weeks (I just have to keep him from climbing, still trying to figure out how to do that!) Your family is so cute! Loved looking at your videos of your boys wrestling and your little girl dancing. So true that boys and girls play sooo differently! Congratulations again! Talk to you later.
Kate

Jenni said...

Yaaa...Courtney! I'm so relieved for you. I know you learned lots from this and what a blessing you've received!! Congrats.

McCabe Family said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I am so so happy to know that you are happy and healthy and a little less stressed out. Happy Day. Love ya lots and miss you guys.

Jackie said...

I am so happy!!!

Bonny said...

Sorry, just catching up. Your family is adorable. I went through this after my 2nd baby. I had treatments for ? a few months and finally everything came back normal. Good for you!