Friday, October 3, 2008

It's All Good!

I just went in for my 6 month follow-up colonoscopy, and things went really well. The Doc. discovered that my U.C. is officially in remission, and ulcers were healing up well. There were only a few red areas that he saw, and where they removed the polyps last time has healed up really well also. He said that on a scale of 1-10 regarding how worried he was about me he used to be a 7 and now he is less than 1. He cut me back to 2.4 g of lialda, so that will be nice. It is a very expensive prescription. He took a ton of biopsies and we should be hearing back from the pathologist by Wed. of next week in regards to the dysplasia. I am really interested to hear what these results are because the last time they were reviewed was when the disease was active, and it is far more difficult to diagnose dysplasia when the disease is active. So cross your fingers for me. Last time they said the cells were doing something abnormal but were indefinite as far as confirming or denying dysplasia (a precancerous indicator).

8 comments:

Hanne and Fam said...

I'm glad you got good news. Let's hope more is one the way!

Jenny said...

Oh, happy day! Isn't it wonderful to have good news after these procedures! What a blessing!!

Hayley said...

Hooray! I'm always thinking of you and how you are, hopefully more good new to come.

Jackie said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. Good luck with the biopsies!

Janalee Hubbard said...

Woohoooo! I am so happy for you. Way to be positive.

McCabe Family said...

I was so glad to hear the good news and hope to hear more good new next week. Love all of the posts and hope all is going well. The addition is looking great and I can't believe how much more grown up Cate looks. Hope you are all feeling better and no one else got sick. Miss you guys.

Mandi Moon said...

Woohoo! That's good news! Let's keep the good news coming!

Candice Eborn said...

It was nice visiting with you the other day! It was great to hear how well the prognosis was, let me know when you get the other results back. I miss just running across town to see you. (We are half way through Stephen's 3-year contract, hopefully we can move closer after that. He has mentioned Orem or Grand Junction, but who knows.) Good luck with everything! BTW, my girls and I think that you're right about Cate needing a sister. :)