Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tagged!

I actually don't think I have ever been tagged, thanks Jenni. Well here goes.

2 names you go by:

-court

-courter (Quarter) I hate this name but really love the people that started calling me courter. My awesome Aunt Claudia and my cousins her children, they still call me that to this day.

Two things you're wearing right now:

-shorts (I'm freezing but we just got our laundry room in working order yesterday, so we are WAY backed up on laundry)

-sweatshirt -I just love warm and snuggly clothes. If only it didn't have to get so cold outside to validate them.

Two things I want very badly at the moment:

-a cure for cancer

-my cousin Leslie back. She always called me Courter and was always my hero. I wanted to be the kind of mom/person/friend she was. I just wish she could have had a bit more time on earth to show me more, and time for me to tell her what a great example she always was to me. She was so commited to the gospel, so funny (I will never forget her laugh), and so selfless. A truly beautiful person, and deeply missed.

2 favorite pets that I have had

-Dexter our Yorkie he was the greatest dog we miss him so much!

-Our turtle Thomas is pretty great. He's low maintenance, doesn't complain, and keeps it pretty clean unlike our Chinchilla.

2 things I did last night:

-I drilled a vent through the wall for our dryer, and did my first load in our new laundry room. I just sat on the floor for about twenty minutes in bliss watching the clothes spin. No more laundry in a tiny little closet/room, no more ironing board on my kitchen door, and no more tripping over laundry baskets trying to access the garage!

-We watched our windows go in the sunroom walls, and the vinyl banister I have always hated come off my front porch! I love progress!

2 things you ate today- today is a very bad day to ask

-about 3 snack size snickers

-nachos loaded with jalapenos and guacamole.

2 things you plan to do today:

-finish this tag

-take a nap- I love Sundays

2 longest trips you've taken in the last 5 years

-Our trip to Italy this summer

-Victoria, Canada -both without kids thanks to awesome in-laws and family!

2 favorite beverages

- trying to go Vegan (except for cheese and fish) I have developed a recent love of soy milk, I definitely prefer it over milk now.

- Ice water with lemon

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Nice post, thanks. I agree, I wish your cousin Leslie was back too.

Jackie said...

Oh, and by the way, Porter also gets called Quarter. Pretty much all his little friends in Sunbeams and preschool call him that. He has one little friend whose mom kept saying, "It's p-p-p Porter with a P." So then the friend started calling him, "Quarter with a P."

Taylor Family said...

Courtney, that was so fun to read. I miss Leslie too. But being able to see Jackie in action through her blog makes me feel like I'm seeing Leslie. Jackie is amazing!

Hayley said...

And I agree, we need a cure for the cancer!

Janalee Hubbard said...

I'm happy for you and your new laundry room. Maybe it will make laundry fun! (Maybe.)

Courtney McKay said...

I can see how laundry can be an exciting thing if you haven't had one handy, but its still a sucky thing too!! One of my nicknames is Court too, I think everyone calls me that more than Courtney!! I guess that's about all we get to shorten our name. I liked your costume tonight!! Good luck washing that hair!!

Rupert Eborn said...

Lets see some updates of the house.
see you guys around Turkey day.