Monday, June 28, 2010

Cai's baptism






Well the big day finally arrived. I am so proud of Cai, I have always admired his strong desire to do what is right. Although I had to laugh a bit, when I told him about his interview with the bishop! It went like this:



Mom: "Cai are you ready for your interview with the bishop?"
Cai (with a look of terror): "What does interview mean?"
Mom: "the bishop will just ask you questions about baptism and your testimony about the church. He'll ask you if you're keeping the commandments, and maybe if you tease you little sister."
Cai: gets a devious look on his face after I mention teasing his sister and says "I'm gonna say no!"
We had to have a little discussion about telling the truth always even if it's scary, but I about laughed my head off! The look on his face was sooo funny.
He shared his baptism day with two other kids from the ward Kiley Jensen, and Nicole Buttars. It was really cool that they are the first group to be baptised since the formation of the new Smithfield South Stake. Each stake has a book where they record the baptisms that take place and his group will be the first ones in the book! That will be something fun for him to remember. Since we had to share the program, our family didn't do too much in the program, but all the kids getting baptised and their siblings got up and sang "When I Am Baptized." I had made up a poster and we had done some practices, and they all did so great, it was really cute.



I totally wasn't prepared for how much I would be hit by the spirit. I felt like I was about to burst into tears during the opening song. There is something so amazing about watching your kids make those covenants, and seeing the future that lies ahead of them. In 4 short years he will be recieving the priesthood, and attending Young Men's! It all goes by way too fast. It was also just awesome to see Chris as he took Cai into the font all dressed in white. It always makes me so proud to see my husband perform priesthood ordinances. It is amazing to remember the power that he holds, and how much it means to him and me that he is worthy to hold such tremendous power. The influence of the spirit was so strong that day, I hope that Cai never forgets what an amazing experience it was.
Cai's grandparents both chipped in and got him a beautiful set of scriptures, Cai is so excited to have his very own, and has even sat down to read them a few times without any suggestion from me. He was so excited the first day of Primary after he got them. He was so proud that he had looked up the longest scripture in class and read it all by himself!
The bishop gave him a pure white handkerchief during the baptisimal program that was part of a magic trick of course. Our bishop is amazing and a magician! He taught them all about repentance by making a red hanky dissapear and replacing it with a pure white one for each of the kids. The primary president brought over a darling picture Mat with two ovals cut out for a poem and a picture of Cai. Then in sacrament meeting they presented Cai with a hardcover Book of Mormon with a message from the bishopric inside. We have such an amazing ward they really made his baptism special and went the extra mile to make it memorable.

After Cai's baptism we had a brunch at the house, where we had his favorite pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes and cinnamon rolls. His Uncle Gabe bought him a CTR ring and his grandma and grandpa Callister got him a tie tack of the angel Moroni.

3 comments:

jwoodruff said...

What a cute kid and a fun day!

Hayley said...

You look beautiful in these pictures courtney! He's such a cute kid.
Love all the updates.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

I love this post Court. You guys look so good! You're right, it goes by fast!!! It wasn't long ago Kyle was baptized and now he's a decon!!! Congratulations to Cai and congratulations to his awesome parents! :)