Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Well I took the advice of my mother this year. She said that on Mother's day instead of getting depressed about all those stories of perfect Mothers who do this that and the other, or feeling that you aren't being truly appreciated, she said that every Mother's Day she would just try to be the absoloute best Mother she could possibly be. Which I thought I would try this year. Having a positive attitude made such a big difference. I stopped thinking about myself and instead focused on what I could do for others.

After church Chris surprised me with a gift from Him and the kids, and I have to say I was thrilled. We had both kinda agreed that finishing the backyard would be father's/mother's day for both of us. I have been wanting a set of Jane Austen Novels for ages, and had dropped some hints about a year ago, but hadn't mentioned it since. He found the most beautiful set of classic novels I have ever seen. There's 3 of the Jane Austen classics, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Litte Women, Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, and Jane Eyre. They each have a ribbon book marker like scriptures do, and I have already read 3 of them since.
How did I ever snag such a great catch. Every woman probably feels the same, but I totally hit the jackpot! What an awesome hubby and father!

0 comments: