Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cai brought His "A" game, Mom brought her "Z" game


(Cai is number 3, way to get in there Cai) We were so excited to see how Cai's second game of the season was going to go. He has really started to pick up on the concepts of the game and did awesome at his last practice. He was really going after the ball and getting some great kicks in. At his game on Saturday he was great at first but seemed to really run out of steam after the first quarter. He barely ran after the ball and seemed so sluggish, so we laughed and joked about how we need to work on his endurance and make him run laps or something. The rest of the day he was being exceptionally whinny about everything. He went for a walk to the school with some friends to play on the playground and couldn't make it back on his scooter. I should have suspected something was up, but I just chalked it up to being in a bad mood and complaining too much. By the end of the day everything was getting on his nerves, and during his bath I finally made him get out because the bath was too cold (when it was very warm) Cate and Cole were splashing too much or stepped on his foot, etc., etc. Then as we were brushing his teeth I finally took a good look at him. His eyes were blooshot, His face was red and he was very warm. I took his temp. and sure enough fever. I felt terrible. All his complaints about being tired and achy suddelny made perfect sense and I felt like the worst most unobservant mom in the world. I had really been giving him a hard time about being whinny. So I apologized profusely gave him some tylenol and the rest of the evening went remarkably well. All he needed was a little sympathy, understanding, and tylenol. Get a clue mom! We are really looking forward to the next game!

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

You never know what kids moods are going to be from one day to the next or what illness may be looming ready to attack. You're a good mom and Cai is lucky to have you. Hope he feels better and enjoys his next soccer game. Go #3!!!!!! ~Kerrie

Courtney McKay said...

It seems like you never know with kids, they can change so fast! I am glad you wrote on my blog. It is so nice to keep in touch, I swear I know things about people through blogging the most. Italy, that sounds so fun! I have a Canon rebel XTI, which I love it. If you don't have to buy the kit lense, I would get a different one, it's okay but there are a lot better ones out there!